T72 Hybrid Technora® Boot Laces - Stronger Than Steel
Special construction using a lightweight nylon kernmantle sheath (550 Paracord) originally used in the suspension lines of parachutes.
This cord is abrasion resistant due to the high number of interwoven strands for its size giving it a relatively smooth texture.
The inner core is Technora®, an Aramid fiber* very similar to Kevlar® that is also useful
for a variety of applications that require high strength or chemical resistance.
Technora® is the brandname of the company Teijin.
- Fatigue Resistance: It has slightly higher resistance to flex fatigue than Kevlar® and
shows little loss of strength even during repeated abrasion, flexing and stretching.
- High Tensile Strength: Strong and light, weight for weight, Technora®. is 8 times
stronger than steel and 3 times stronger than fiberglass, polyester or nylon yarns.
- UV Resistant: Enhanced by dying the naturally gold fiber black.
- Chemical Resistant: Highly resistant to acids, alkalis and organic solvents; not vulnerable to damage caused by steam or sea water.
- Heat Resistant: Thermal decomposition threshold of 500°C, so Technora can be used at 200°C for long periods.
At 250°C, it maintains more than half of its room-temperature tensile strength.
*Aramid fibers are a class of heat-resistant and strong synthetic fibers.
They are used in aerospace and military applications, for ballistic rated body armor fabric and ballistic composites, in bicycle tyres,
and as an asbestos substitute. The name is a portmanteau of aromatic polyamide.
They are fibers in which the chain molecules are highly oriented along the fiber axis, so the strength of the chemical bond can be exploited.
T72 (single inner strand of black braided Technora®)
The ends of the laces are finished with black metal tips (aglets)
These can be prised open to access the inner Kevlar® strands if required.
With the inner strands removed the outer boot lace sheath has a tensile strength of 305lb and can continue to be used as a boot lace.
The standard length of each lace is 72 inches (6ft) and these can be custom made to size
Available in any 550 Paracord colour - 89 colours
Click here for Buy Now page